First day in school (the dorky way) ( my life vlog 1)

 First day in school (college)

This topic is supposed to be the first thing you see in your English textbook as an average Nigerian high school student.

First day in college, I had read lots of comprehensions on first days at school,work, new countries and a whole other stuff. Never knew the experience was jutting around the corner, after high school it took a year and a half before I gained admission into a university.

I never wanted to study outside Lagos, but you see where there is a will at times there is no way. I had to study in a neighboring state in a fully residential university,  Chrisland   university.

For those who live in Lagos, the name might be vaguely familiar or even very familiar. Let me break the ice for you, the university  was part of a chain of high end educational institutions in the country, basically it was the university of elites or so I was told their high schools and grade schools were super expensive. I never even dared to daydream about studying at their university, yet here I was.

 Skip to the good part you say, well I went  with an open mind. Frankly I was surprised,  everyone was so cool and friendly. My roommates were like two parts above me yet they were still cool with me and helped me get settled in and  filled me in on happenings in the school. I got synced real quick.

Then came the lectures, I tried to keep up. It was just like I resumed later than everyone.  I didn’t even have time to make friends there wasn’t even time to be shy, we just had everything going at breakneck speed. 

Then I met an old classmate of mine who it seemed got the hang of the activities pretty much quickly. That also helped me in my run to keep up, that sums up my first day in the famed college.

 I guess all I am trying to say is not all first day at school stories have Cinderella like endings, I mean I tripped a little, spilled drinks on my assignments, attended a wrong class or two but that doesn’t make it a less better day.

 Let me know what you think in the comments section, 

Till then, stay dorky

Copyright © olaleye olajuwon 

                     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Has it actually been a year?!

my love life is like "pidgin & english"

Let's Get Pensive: A Look at My Most Scribbled Scribbles.