(Review corner) my top ten musicians for the first quarter.

What kind of music do you think I like? Probably Fuji or highlife 😎 

 If you have seen my last article  (if you haven’t…..may God have mercy on you), then this article won’t be weird to you (You’re still reading this one…coconut head go back and read the last oneπŸ™„).   

I want to give y”all a quick rundown of my favorite musicians at the moment.. honestly they’re more than ten but I don’t want to bore myself and you guys so I just cut to the chase here. And this is my honest review i am not trying to force opinions or anything. That said and done, all dorks aboard let’s ride.


10) Charlie puth - Charlie Otto puth jr is an American singer,songwriter. I like him for his personality and his soft pop kind of music

Top songs: Attention,We don’t talk anymore,One call away.

9) Tems - Temilade opeyemi is a Nigerian female singer and songwriter, Tems is basically the Nigerian Rihanna in terms of fashion and prettiness and her clear soulful voice is…..😀 check out her songs to know more.

Top songs : Try me, free mind, crazy tings.

8) Tones & I - Toni Watson is an Australian female singer and songwriter. Her voice is like one I have ever heard and she says her style of music is culled from that of a street musician which I must confess is quite groovy.

Top songs: Dance monkey, Fly away, Bars (RIP T)

7)  FKA twigs- Tahliah debrett Barnett is an English singer and songwriter. Fun fact : FKA means formerly known as, My take on her? She’s pretty good at giving you that club groove but she doesn’t seem to have the kind of consistency a musician needs to go mainstream.

Top songs : Honda,cellophane,jealousy.

6) Rema - Divine ikubor is a Nigerian singer and rapper a very talented young musical act that keeps pushin p (literally) All I can say is Mavin never disappoints, they keep churning out the best musical acts and they don’t show any sign of stopping.

Top songs: calm down,woman,bounce.

Bonus fact: Rema  made my list because of his new single Calm down, I really love it.

5) Buju TYE(now benson/BNXN)- Daniel benson is a Nigerian Afro-fusion singer and songwriter. Buju para!! This dude’s somewhat angelic voice has me in awe, how he can seamlessly jump on a feature or remix and totally synchronize and refix the whole song is wonderful. 

Top songs : outside,l’enu, Italy.

Bonus fact: BNXN”s previous stage name Buju means Beauty Underneath Just Revealed, πŸ€” quite deep.

4) Blackbear- Matthew Tyler Musto is an American singer and songwriter, This guy is the go-to musician for heartbreak and misery songs he even named one of his EP”s misery lake!!  He is the best at what he does, top notch voice, cool guitar acoustics and catchy lyrics 

Top songs: hot girl summer, queen of broken hearts, smile again.

3)  Marshmello - Christopher Comstock (not cumstock.πŸ˜‚)is an American electronic dj,producer and musician 

I love electronic music, it’s so high tempo and emotional the lulls and rises,the cadence and rhythm so good. Marshmello was the first electronic musician I knew and I got stuck to the dude and will still be.

Top songs: alone, supernovacane, proud.

2) Lil nas X - montero Lamar hill is an American singer and songwriter. Even though he is a controversial musician and all , you’ve got to admit he’s got style and talent. Won”t say much on this dude tho 🌚πŸ₯‚

Top songs : the whole damn montero album

1) bazzi - Andrew bazzi is an American musician and  rnb artist.  He is actually my best musician for this first quarter of the year and I have listened to his songs for most of the new year repeatedly his music is hard to describe its something you have to listen to before you can understand it.

Top songs : Mine, soul searching, beautiful 

For good luck I will give you guys bonus artists to listen to , they are :

Vaultboy

Anne Marie 

K’Naan

French the kid 

And Lukas graham.

With that I think we’re done, do let me know what you think in the comment section and sharing the invite link for me will be …musically enriching πŸ€“

Till then    

                                                                Stay dorky.





Copyright © olaleye olajuwon  2022


Comments

  1. So I must confess, you have a very nice taste when it comes to music ➕ your writing is highly impressive. Grace✌

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Has it actually been a year?!

my love life is like "pidgin & english"

Let's Get Pensive: A Look at My Most Scribbled Scribbles.