Can we act like yesterday never happened?


Yesterday, money went in and out, bets were placed, and debts were racked up. There are many philosophies and concepts that have circulated both before and during the day of love, all of them are for love. 

A group of individuals strengthened their faith in love by giving and receiving gifts from one another. There was also the steadfast "awwn" community, which was always present to congratulate, feed, and collect from engaged couples. 

Then there are those like us who behave as though yesterday never occurred. We believe a day will be forced out of the existential plane if its existence is denied. 

In today's post-Day Valentine's scoop, some folks share their tales of finding or losing love on the holiday. 

All of them desire anonymity, thus just their initials will be used.

Please don’t laugh, yours is on the way 😂

R: On Valentine's Day, my college boyfriend broke up with me, but he still bought me flowers and candies. He claimed he wanted the items for me so I wouldn't believe he was too cheap to make a purchase. Still, all he wanted was to end things.

P:On Valentine's Day, my high school lover ditched me TWICE. He dumped me the week before the first anniversary, and then we reconciled. He dumped me the day before the next year. The following week, we reunited. He later admitted that he did it both years because he was embarrassed to inform me that he couldn't afford to buy me a gift.

Side note: wow 😂😂, men can be extra in protecting their ego. 

The rest of these stories happened in our very own college community and as usual, they requested anonymity.

J: I broke up with my boyfriend yesterday because he went into debt just to get me a valentines gift pack, not to be extra but it wasn’t necessarily expensive and I believe that for a guy to go into debt for something that trivial. We can’t last

I: He believes we are still dating,  the primary cause of our one-sided separation is the fact that he went out of his way to make me feel special with a Valentines gift package only for me to learn that he bought the same gift for another girl in the annex hostel with a very romantic letter. A girl that he said was his younger sister, men 😑.


Well, 😂 this Valentine’s Day didn’t disappoint at all. But we can see the imbalance in terms of who’s serving, the girls pulled all the punches this valentines. So men, prepare your armoury for the next one. We go again.

Our next blog post will be a  general meme collection and it promises to be good enough and sticker worthy 😌.

On that note naijacollegedork”s nō 1 signs out of 2023”s love season. 


Till then 

Farvel 😊


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Has it actually been a year?!

my love life is like "pidgin & english"

Let's Get Pensive: A Look at My Most Scribbled Scribbles.